In the lesson Aeroponic Engineering and Vertical Farming, students use the Engineering Design Process to develop and construct an aeroponic garden to grow a food crop. Add the Aeroponic Garden Kit to a 5 gallon bucket (not included) to complete the design challenge.
- 396 GPH submersible water pump
- 1/2 sprinkler riser
- Shrub head sprinkler
- 2" net slit pots
- 2" cloning collars
- Timer (for the water pump)
Materials to Gather (Not Included):
- 5 Gallon food grade bucket with lid (opaque)
- 2" hole saw
- Extension cord and or power strip
- Hydroponic nutrient solution
- This can be purchased (we tested General Hydroponics FloraGro) or you can mix your own)
- Seedling plants
- Grow light or a greenhouse
Additional Lesson Plans that compliment this kit can be found on the National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix.